Ethereum (ETH) is a network that is supported by the blockchain. It acts as a platform for the development of ‘smart contracts’. These contracts are automated algorithms designed to facilitate the conduction of transactions. Smart contracts also form the foundation for the development of DeFi or the ‘Decentralised Finance’ industry. Ether is the coin that supports the network.
At the time of writing, Ether is trading at $4045 (INR 3,03,000 approximately). The highest ETH has ever gone to was $4362, the peak it created on 12th May. Ethereum is a very well-established network and commands a very high market cap at #2, right after Bitcoin (BTC). Ethereum’s market cap was valued at over $483 billion at writing. Check the current Ethereum price at ETH to INR.
Since the huge crash earlier this year and in 2018, the coin has been on a bull run and is expected to make a new high very soon. Ethereum price prediction is a very complex analysis.
This blog will give you the insights we have regarding Ether’s prices and use them to speculate how they’re going to behave in the next decade.
- In 2018, Ethereum lost 92% of its value and reached levels of $100. To date, in November 2021, it has rebounded to become valued at more than $4000!
- Factors that affect Ethereum prices in the long and short term – regulation, volatility, and the adoption of crypto
- Ethereum is expected to be priced at around $25,000 per coin by the time 2025 rolls around and around $100,000 by 2030!
Ethereum Price History
In early 2017 and 2018, the price of ETH grew exponentially. This is because most of the projects developed on Ethereum gained traction during this time. There were also Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs) taking place on the Ethereum network. All these projects had their own coins and tokens, and most of them were being launched on Ethereum. If you wanted to invest in these projects and buy their coins, you could send them Ethereum and get coins in return. Such ICOs became very popular in 2017 and 2018 because all investors bought Ether to participate in ICOs.
In 2018, the bear market was brutal to the price of Ethereum, when it lost about 92% of its value. After reaching almost $100, it has since rebounded to get valued more than 40 times today.
Factors Affecting Ethereum Price
|Price Change 24h||-4.31%|
|Price Change 7d||-1.6%|
|Market Cap||$472 billion|
|Circulating Supply||118 million ETH|
|Trading volume||$26.62 billion|
|All Time Low||$0.4209|
Ether’s prices are affected by demand and supply and go up and down, corresponding to how the market is trading in Ether. Current developments and the potential for future ones are why big institutional investors (also known as crypto whales) invest in Ether.
While there are many future developmental predictions for Ethereum as a network, several current factors also do their bit in determining the periodic rise and fall of its prices.
- Regulation – Stances taken by governments like China and South Korea affect the prices of Ether and other cryptocurrencies drastically. The aggregate effect these regulations have on Ethereum tend to bring about a decline in investment and the reduction of capital staked on the networks.
- Volatility – Since the crypto market in itself is immature compared to the stock market, there is a lot of volatility in the prices of Ether and other coins. Investors usually react harshly to market fluctuations, which bring about more volatility. Prices often rise or plummet by as much as 15-20% in a single 24h period.
Ethereum, being one of the largest established crypto networks globally, is constantly reinventing itself to achieve better efficiency, scalability and reduce costs for its users. The future of the network is affected not only by the structural changes it implements in itself but also the effect it has on the applications that run on it.
Here are some potential factors that could affect Ethereum’s prices in the future:
- Ethereum 2.0 – By 2022, Ethereum will have switched to a proof-of-stake consensus algorithm from a proof-of-work one. Miners then won’t need expensive mining equipment to bring new ETH coins into circulation. Instead, staked Ether on the network will be enough to validate future blocks and attain block rewards. Ethereum 2.0 is the name being given t the complete network upgrade that’s also set to bring major scalability potential, lower costs, and faster transaction speeds to the coin.
- Decentralized Finance (DeFi) – A significant development for the Ethereum network is the growth of DeFi. DeFi can be understood as a technology that helps remove major intermediaries between big transactions that often involve interchanging large amounts of money. Although these technologies are still developing, they are expected to bloom into a different industry altogether by creating financial applications that remove the role of inefficient intermediaries.
Ethereum Price in 2022
Like almost every other altcoin, Ether is influenced by the movement of Bitcoin in the market. Hence, as long as Bitcoin is in its current bull run, investors can expect Ether’s prices to rise too. Experts predict that Ether will soon increase its USD-denominated value after cryptocurrencies consolidated in the last few months. The ratio between ETH and BTC is likely to decline going forward.
Ether’s price is forecasted to make new highs above the last ones at $4362. Experts worldwide predict the coin will reach at least $7400 by December of this year. The highest it is expected to go is $7600 and the lowest – $6300. Several technical indicators also support such speculations.
By 2025, experts peg Ether’s minimum value to be around $16,000 and the highest at a whopping $23,000. Even though analysts may argue over the exact price point speculations, all of them believe in the potential of Ethereum to rise exponentially in the next few years.
Basis Ethereum Price Forecast
Ethereum is currently the largest smart contracts network in the crypto world. The contracts that Ethereum forms a basis of are prompting more and more users to lean towards Ethereum and its ecosystem. They choose Ether over other smart contract alternatives like Ripple, Cardano, Litecoin or Dogecoin. With the Ethereum 2.0 release predictions and a drop in associated costs, Ethereum seems like an optimistic investment.
Ethereum Price Prediction in 2025
With these points in mind, analysts estimate that by 2025, Ether could be valued at around $16,000 apiece. Although this seems like a colossal figure and many analysts would have their own speculations, the growth rate which Ether has shown in the past few months reinforce such an aggressive prediction.
Ethereum Price Prediction in 2030
Several top crypto investors and popular hedge fund managers like Dan Morehead believe that in 10 years’ time, Ether will get to $100,000 per coin. Most analysts, however, hardly buy into such huge speculations. Conservative ones like Coin Price Forecasts claim that Ethereum will start 2028 at $13,713, then go to $14,595 within the first half of the year, and finish 2028 at $15,471. They say that July 2030 will bring ETH to $16,119, while the end of the year will be marked at $16,883.
Ethereum Future Price Prediction
Judging from the all-time price charts for Ether, it is currently experiencing a bull run like no other. After hitting a high in May 2021, Ethereum is in another huge bull run that started a couple of months ago. While Bitcoin continues to make new highs, Ethereum seems to be following suit along with the rest of the crypto market. Currently, Ether commands the highest market cap in the crypto market after Bitcoin, which is saying a lot in itself. While the week-over-week growth of Ethereum is comparable (and sometimes even more) than Bitcoin, experts believe that it is too early to predict whether it will ever overtake Bitcoin in price or market cap. In any case, there’s one thing that investors are on the same page about: the immense growth potential of Ethereum in the coming few months and years, especially leading up to the launch of Ethereum 2.0.
Is Ethereum Worth Investing?
Ethereum has grown more than 1000% in the past year after its May crash. With its fundamental strength in the DeFi and NFT space and huge technical growth indicators, it is the right investment to make in the short and long term.
- Ethereum brings a new USP to the crypto world – Ethereum is a decentralised platform on which financial applications can be built. Although Ether can be used to transfer value instead of a fiat currency like Bitcoin, it has a much different goal.
- There is massive ongoing development in Ethereum – Since Ethereum’s utility is limited only by the ingenuity of the world’s developers, there’s much more activity around the platform than other cryptos.
- There’s a PoS consensus algorithm coming – Ethereum 2.0 is set to bring massive scalability, lower transaction costs and better speeds to the Ethereum network.
Invest in Ethereum Coin through CoinSwitch
CoinSwitch is the largest and the best cryptocurrency exchange platform in India. It has the widest user base in India, with more than 10 million active users. On CoinSwitch, you can buy Ether coins for the best prices. We aggregate liquidity from exchanges around the world to make transactions in crypto fast, efficient, and safe for users in India.
CoinSwitch allows you access to different charts, analytical data, and various order types while buying Ethereum so that you have a one-stop solution for your crypto purchases. Users can buy Ethereum in India through Limit or Market orders, transfer their coins from their server wallets to a cold one, or sell their coins seamlessly at the best prices.
The platform also allows you to accurately track your coins and their profits or losses in the Portfolio section. Individual P/L data for coins are also available along with the overall portfolio P/L for hassle-free tracking of your investments.
Frequently Asked Questions
What will Ethereum be worth in 2025?
Analysts predict that Ether coins could hit the $25000 mark by the time 2025 rolls around. However, these are mere speculations, and only time will tell what Ether’s real price will be.
Can Ethereum reach $10,000?
Yes, corresponding to the bull run and upcoming upgrades to the network, it is highly plausible that Ether will hit the $10000 mark shortly.
Will Ethereum go up in 2021?
Ethereum has grown by 1000% or more during the last couple of years. After hitting its all-time high in May 2021, it is now on track to set a new peak. Analysts predict that Ether could go up to reach $4400 levels by the end of 2021.
Can XRP reach 10 dollars in 2021?
Experts predict that Ripple could reach a high of $1.9 and a low of $0,6 by the end of 2021.
Does Ethereum (ETH) have a future?
Yes, with its several applications in DeFi and the upcoming Ethereum 2.0 upgrade, one could say that Ethereum does have a bright future.
What will Ethereum be worth in 5 years?
Analysts estimate that by 2025, Ether could be valued at around $25000 apiece. Although this seems like a colossal figure and many analysts would have their own speculations, the growth rate which Ether has shown in the past few months reinforce such an aggressive prediction.
Disclaimer : Crypto products and NFTs are unregulated and can be highly risky. There may be no regulatory recourse for any loss from such transactions. The information provided in this post is not to be considered as investment/financial advice from CoinSwitch. Any action taken upon the information shall be at user's own risk.
Table of content
Subscribe to Our Newsletter with exclusive content.