There is no universal standard to define – ‘the best app to buy bitcoin in India’. You know why? Everybody has a different definition of what the ‘best’ looks like for them.
While buying a cryptocurrency, different types of traders have different expectations. For instance, an expert crypto trader will look for tools and data, but a beginner will prefer simplicity over everything else. This is exactly the reason why the best app to buy bitcoin will vary for different people. Of course, the non-negotiables like security will remain constant for all, no matter what.
Therefore, it’s important for you to first understand what you’re looking for in a crypto app – Do you want the ease of use? Additional features? Are you willing to pay additional fees? Do you want to be able to track historical prices?
Not every app is meant for everybody, so understanding the answers to these questions will help you find the right one for you.
Also Read: What are Bitcoins
Best Apps to Buy Bitcoin in India
Let’s help you shortlist by telling you about some of the best cryptocurrency exchanges. Each app is pretty unique, so we’re certain that you’ll find a good fit for yourself from this list (Hopefully, it’s CoinSwitch Kuber :)) Check the everyday BTC to INR rate.
So let’s get started! Here are the top 5 apps to buy bitcoin in India:
1. CoinSwitch Kuber
Launched just over a year ago, CoinSwitch Kuber is India’s most trusted crypto app, with over 7.5 million users and counting.
We strive to bring simplicity to the complex world of crypto trading and education. The app intends to remove the complexities of cryptocurrency trading and make crypto investing as simple as ordering online.
From homemakers who never invested in anything before to retirees to college students, CoinSwitch is for anybody looking to kickstart their crypto journey in the easiest way possible.
We’re also backed by some of the biggest names in the industry like Sequoia, Ribbit Capital and Paradigm.
Download for yourself to see why 7.5M + people consider us the best app to buy bitcoin in India, Android and iOS.
The Pros and Cons of CoinSwitch Kuber
- Zero Fees –We don’t charge transactions fees for INR deposits, INR withdrawals and Crypto deposits.
- Superfast KYC – Your KYC gets approved in under 5 minutes (if all your documents are in order).
- Simplest Interface –The UI is extremely intuitive and clutter-free.
- Wide Range of Coins – We have 80+ cryptocurrencies listed on our exchange, with new listings being added regularly.
- Security – We follow the industry-best security protocols to offer the highest protection for your investments.
- Lacks Advanced Trading Feature – Since CoinSwitch aims to simplify crypto trading, it doesn’t clutter the app with advanced features such as OTC trading. However, we gradually plan to roll out pro features such as Limit Orders, SIP, and more.
It is the first-ever cryptocurrency exchange to launch in India and has over 1.5 million users.
Apart from enabling cryptocurrency trading, Unocoin allows users to pay for services through the app using Bitcoin. They have partnered with merchants to help you to transfer bitcoin directly to them. However, considering that cryptocurrencies are used as an investment, the usability of this feature is iffy.
The Pros and Cons of Unocoin
- Features – Pro features like OTC trading, SIP, Merchant services etc.
- Variety – Unocoin has 45+ cryptocurrencies listed on the platform.
- Safety – They store most of the crypto assets offline and hence are highly secure.
- Fees – They charge a 0.7% transaction fee for buying and selling cryptocurrencies, which is comparatively higher than other apps on this list.
- Minimum Deposit Amount of ₹1000 – A higher entry barrier compared to CoinSwitch Kuber, which has a minimum deposit amount of ₹100.
Zebpay is a global cryptocurrency exchange with over 3 million users on the platform. They started back in 2014 and aim to serve the underbanked, underserved and undervalued through the power of decentralisation and cryptocurrencies.
They have a clean interface and cater to both seasoned and new traders. Zebpay also has its own token- the $ZEBRA token.
The Pros and Cons of Zebpay
- UI – Clean and Intuitive interface.
- Security – They claim to follow the highest measure of security to keep your cryptocurrencies safe.
- Fees – Crypto deposits on ZebPay are free. However, there is a fee of ₹15 on UPI transactions and 1.77% on Net Banking for INR deposits. For INR withdrawals, there is a ₹10 fee. Inactive members are charged a membership fee.
- Limited Inventory – Zebpay has only 29 cryptocurrencies listed.
CoinDCX was founded in 2018 and has over 0.2 million users on the platform. The app could be overwhelming for a new user because of too many options on the screen.
CoinDCX’s onboarding process is relatively slow. User research shows that it takes about 20 minutes for a new user to create an account and make their first trade. Whereas on CoinSwitch Kuber, most people can do this in just 5 minutes.
The Pros and Cons of CoinDCX
- Features – Pro features like margin trading and lending are available for seasoned traders. However, they might confuse a crypto newbie.
- Coins listed – The platform has over 200+ cryptocurrencies listed.
- Security – Most of their funds are stored in cold wallets and are insured by BitGo.
- Fee – The INR deposit fees for CoinDCX is 1.5% + 18%. INR withdrawals on the platform cost 0.20% or Rs 10. For crypto transactions, they charge a maker and a taker fee of 0.1%.
WazirX was launched in 2018 and acquired by Binance in 2019. The platform is catered towards professional traders because of its intricate interface and features. A new user might feel a little lost on the app.
It has a user base of 3 million people. They have their own cryptocurrency token- WRX, which can be bought on the platform.
The Pros and Cons of WazirX
- Features – The app gives you access to P2P trades, NFT Market Place and OTC trading.
- Security – Wazirx secures your mobile app with 2FA.
- Distracting Interface – The app is slightly complicated and has too much going on.
- Fees – The platform charges an INR deposit fee of 1.5% + 18%, and there is an INR withdrawal cost of Rs 10 or Rs 5. For crypto transactions, they charge a maker and a taker fee of 0.2%.
Our Verdict (It’s CoinSwitch Kuber for us!)
We tried to be a bit biased, but it turns out that there was no need for it 🤭. Once you carefully consider features, safety, popularity, and all the other hits and misses, CoinSwitch Kuber stands out as the top Crypto app in India for the majority.
Trading in cryptocurrencies via CoinSwitch Kuber is a breeze. To help you along, we also have a dedicated Crypto education space – Kuberverse!
Here, we simplify crypto investing and educate people about ‘All things Crypto’ by talking about everything from – Is Bitcoin Legal in India to ways to earn free bitcoin to Crypto investing and trading strategies.
While almost every other player has a fee, we charge you zero fees. Despite being the youngest player in the country, 7.5 million people think that we’re the best app to buy bitcoin in India, and we hope to be a part of your crypto journey too!
1. Which is the safest Bitcoin app?
Most of the well-known and registered bitcoin apps follow a set of safety protocols to ensure the protection of user funds. However, you can also gauge the safety of a platform through the number of people that have trusted them with their money. People will only invest where they feel secure.
2. What is the easiest way to buy Bitcoin?
Hands down, CoinSwitch Kuber, is the easiest way to buy bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency. Download the app, finish your KYC in under 5minutes and start investing in Bitcoin.
Disclaimer : Crypto products and NFTs are unregulated and can be highly risky. There may be no regulatory recourse for any loss from such transactions. The information provided in this post is not to be considered as investment/financial advice from CoinSwitch. Any action taken upon the information shall be at user's own risk.
Table of content
Subscribe to Our Newsletter with exclusive content.