Basic Attention Token (bat)
What is Basic Attention Token ?
The Basic Attention Token (BAT) is a brand-new token in the digital advertising industry. Through an open platform, it allows publishers, advertisers, and users to benefit mutually.
According to their website, ‘The Basic Attention Token is the new token for the digital advertising industry. It pays publishers for their content and users for their attention, while providing advertisers with more in return for their ads’.
Brendan Eich, who co-founded Mozilla and Firefox, created the Basic Attention Token (BAT) to improve the capability and security of digital advertising through the use of blockchain technology.
Primary features of Basic Attention Token
- It is a blockchain-based system built on Ethereum.
- It tracks the user’s time and attention on websites through the Brave web browser.
- The native token for the Brave browser is BAT. It focuses on privacy and blocks trackers, cookies, and other malware. So, the browser does not track sensitive data, but publishers can generate revenue through the users landing on their page.
Is Basic Attention Token a promising cryptocurrency?
It claims to be the first crypto application to have over 1 million users. The platform has created 12 million wallets and carried out $382.2 million in on-chain transaction volume. Moreover, over 1 million creators are on board.
How to use Basic Attention Token coins?
BAT is a utility token and not a digital currency. Here are some uses of BAT:
- Brave Rewards is the opt-in feature on Brave web browser, and they built it on Basic Attention Token (BAT). Users can earn BAT tokens by viewing ads.
- Users can automatically tip a certain amount of money to their favourite creators or give tips.
One can use BATs to use various services on the platform, including viewing premium content.
Pros & Cons of Basic Attention Token coin
- The Brave browser aims to block malware, trackers, and invasive cookies that invade the user’s privacy.
- Users see fewer ads and can earn BAT for their attention.
- In this age of diminishing ad revenue, it can be an alternative source of income for publishers.
- The developers of the platform have introduced various security measures into the browser and digital token system.
- Users can use BATs to access premium content. However, it is not clear about the nature of the premium content.
- Although there are not many players in the decentralised ad market, BAT cryptocurrency faces stiff competition from giants such as Google and Facebook.
- There are higher chances that it might attract users who are motivated to earn quick cash and manipulate their views and may not intend to buy or use the product.
Trade Basic Attention Token coin on CoinSwitch kuber
- BAT coin price starts at just Rs.100.
- Users can easily invest and withdraw their investments.
- Trade BAT without paying any fees.
- Manage and track your BAT transaction easily.
Basic Attention Token