What is Numeraire ?
Numeraire is a hedge fund-like programme that enables users to trade stocks on the Ethereum blockchain. The concept is that users may make trades based on artificial intelligence and forecasts provided by a worldwide network of data scientists who utilise blockchain technology.
Numerai, the business that launched Numeraire, was formed in 2015 in San Francisco, California, by Richard Craib. They raised $21.5 million in four distinct investment rounds running from April 2016 to June 2020.
NMR, Numeraire’s native digital token, is required to stake on tournament results, perform payments, and compensate tournament players.
Primary features of Numeraire
- Numeraire offers two distinct apps geared toward different sorts of traders:
- Signals – A channel for submitting stock market techniques that promote a particular stock or trading style
- Tournament — A weekly tournament where users submit trading algorithms about the stock markets, enabling anybody to wager on the most probable conclusion
- The ecosystem is built on the Erasure protocol, a collection of smart contracts on the Ethereum blockchain. It enables Numerai to reward users who staked their NMR tokens correctly or destroy them if they were incorrect.
- Numerai employs an artificial intelligence aggregation model, dubbed a “meta model,” that includes all the predictions received from its application network’s members.
Is Numeraire a promising cryptocurrency?
According to the company’s regulations, there can be only 21 million Numeraire. Investors may choose to include numeraire cryptocurrency in their portfolios if they feel the market will eventually prefer crowd-sourced hedge fund applications.
How to use Numeraire coins?
Here are some uses of the Numeraire coins:
- Make predictions: Users need to stake Numeraire Coins to make predictions.
- Pay for services: NMR is the Numeraire network’s digital asset token used to pay for services.
- Exchange Numeraire: NMR may be purchased and traded in exchange for fiat money or other digital currencies.
- Trading: One can keep Numeraire cryptocurrency in a cryptocurrency wallet for trading purposes.
Pros & Cons of Numeraire coin
- A limited supply can aid in the coin’s value preservation.
- Each week, Numerai hosts a competition in which scientists access new data and utilise it to build financial models.
- The scientists are required to stake some Numeraire tokens (NMR) on their models to avoid manipulation
- Participants that staked NMR tokens on the correct prediction will get freshly minted NMR tokens; otherwise, the staked NMR will be burnt or destroyed permanently.
Need for advanced computer skills:
Machine learning algorithms are somewhat difficult for non-experts to develop. To develop a model capable of earning money, one will need sophisticated computer science abilities.
Rise of competitors:
Numeraire is a pioneer in applying machine learning prediction algorithms to assist consumers who are experimenting with algorithmic investment techniques. Now, rivals such as Quantconnect and Quantiacs are present in the market.
Trade Numeraire coin on CoinSwitch kuber
- It is a simple and easy to use platform
- Trade Numeraire coins through CoinSwitch Kuber
- Get the best exchange rates
- Start trading and investing without any fees
Numeraire ICO summary
In 2017, Numerai released the Numeraire token on the Ethereum mainnet without conducting an Initial Coin Offering (ICO). Instead, Numerai distributed one million NMR tokens to 12,000 data scientists based on their previous participation in Numerai Tournaments.
FAQ's on Numeraire
What is a Numeraire coin?
Numeraire is an Ethereum token that powers Numerai, a hedge fund located in San Francisco that crowd-sources artificial intelligence to invest in the world’s stock markets. Each week, Numeraire (NMR) token holders can bet their NMR tokens on specific forecasts.
Is Numeraire a good investment?
Investors may invest in numeraire cryptocurrency if they believe the market will eventually favour crowd-sourced hedge fund applications.
Disclaimer : Crypto products and NFTs are unregulated and can be highly risky. There may be no regulatory recourse for any loss from such transactions. The information provided in this post is not to be considered as investment/financial advice from CoinSwitch. Any action taken upon the information shall be at user's own risk.