What is The Sandbox ?
SAND cryptocurrency is the native token of The Sandbox, a game that pushes out SAND tokens to players as a reward. The game utilizes DeFi, NFTs, and blockchain technology to give players the ability to design their own games on the platform. These are also highly customizable, allowing players to make their own games. People can explore different universes within the game while also using resources like water, soil, lightning, lava, sand, and others to interact with others.
The Sandbox is a virtual world where users can build their own gaming experiences on the Ethereum blockchain. The platform is best known for integrating two blockbuster mobile hits – The Sandbox (2011) and The Sandbox Evolution (2016). The Sandbox aims to shift users from games like Minecraft to ones where the creators have complete ownership of their creations as NFTs. The platform rewards these users for their participation in the ecosystem with SAND tokens. Technicals aside, The Sandbox is a cross between a content sharing platform, a game, and a game creation engine.
Primary features of The Sandbox
Here are some features of The Sandbox:
- VoxEdit – VoxEdit is a 3D editor that allows users to construct 3D structures like buildings, avatars, vehicles, and other objects to furnish their virtual locations. The platform uses voxel graphics to do this.
- Marketplace – The marketplace is where users can buy, sell, or trade in animated objects.
- Game Maker – The Game Maker is a set of tools that allows users to use complete game scripts on their location. There are templates available too.
Is The Sandbox a promising cryptocurrency?
The Sandbox is one of the first platforms that introduces blockchain technology to the world of gaming. The gaming industry is a vast untapped market in terms of penetration by blockchain. The Sandbox is working on creating a universe that incorporates blockchain-based assets which focus on user-generated content. The involved players contribute to the platform’s development through decentralized governance, sharing views and ideas about the project’s development. Decentralized governance is also becoming a norm in blockchain-based projects, a trend swiftly catching on in the gaming community.
Expert analysts predict that the coin, trading at approximately $4.7 levels mid-December 2021, could reach $5.3 levels by the time 2022 rolls around. Due to its involvement in metaverse and blockchain-gaming projects, experts predict that it could grow exponentially in the long term.
How to use The Sandbox?
- SAND coins can be used to buy in-game items on The Sandbox in the form of NFTs.
- SAND coins can be used as a store of value in the short and long term.
- They can also be used to trade in NFTs on The Sandbox Marketplace.
Pros & Cons of The Sandbox
- Not only does SAND want to use blockchain technology for gaming, but it wants to create an entire gaming ecosystem on the Ethereum network.
- Every NFT bought or sold on the platform is a full-fledged virtual property that owners can actually profit from.
- The products offered by the platform can act as a good start for developers new to the blockchain gaming space.
- Little information is available about critical aspects of the decentralisation protocols of the platform.
- A narrow target audience can lead to slower adoption overall.
Trade The Sandbox on CoinSwitch kuber
- You can start trading on the app with only Rs 100.
- Enables immediate cancellation and deposit to bank accounts immediately.
- Trade at null fees on this safest Bitcoin exchange.
- Intuitive and easy user interface.
- Offers easy monitoring to beginners.
Disclaimer : Crypto products and NFTs are unregulated and can be highly risky. There may be no regulatory recourse for any loss from such transactions. The information provided in this post is not to be considered as investment/financial advice from CoinSwitch. Any action taken upon the information shall be at user's own risk.